Welcome to the Roseland Multi-Academy Trust
Welcome to The Roseland Multi-Academy Trust (TRMAT), a family of schools where everyone succeeds. Our aim in these pages is to provide you with an overview of the schools associated with the Trust.
The Roseland Multi-Academy Trust where everyone succeeds
Reach - Together - Grow
The Trust is committed to providing the best possible opportunities for the students and families in our schools and strives to deliver outstanding education from pre-school right up to age 18. Our Trust schools work in close partnership to develop and strengthen our expertise, to the benefit of everyone in our community.
Following its creation in 2016, the Trust expanded in January 2019 to include Treviglas Academy, Newquay and now incorporates four schools across mid Cornwall.
Students across the Trust benefit from the collaboration and sharing of knowledge and good practice. Progress through from the primary to secondary is enhanced through familiarity with staff and premises and from a more integrated curriculum.
To put it simply, imagine being provided with a blank canvas to design the best possible educational experience for children across mid Cornwall. It would have to involve as close a partnership between the schools that provide primary and secondary education as possible. Our defining principle is to improve the outcomes of all the children in our care.
Reach - Widening Horizons From 2 to 16
Together - A seamless Learning Journey
Grow - Inspiring and opening Minds
The Roseland Academy
We are a small rural secondary school with high aspirations and big ideas. The Roseland Academy is a strong community that works together and in which every member supports each other. The fact that we know and understand all of our students as well as we do enables us to forge a unique environment where everyone flourishes. We are proud of the exceptional progress made by the students in our care.
Gerrans is an energetic, progressive and ambitious learning community. We are committed to providing an excellent education for all our children and are very proud of the heartfelt and cheerful atmosphere which permeates through the school. Our belief is that the key to our success is the quality of relationships and the high level of care which exists between all members of the school community.
Tregony Community Primary School
Tregony School is a special place where children’s learning is valued and their knowledge, creativity, experience, imagination, self-expression, and understanding can flourish. We provide a foundation for life in a happy, safe, successful school, where all individuals have high expectations of themselves, respect each other and strive to do their very best.
Treviglas is a thriving school situated in the heart of Newquay, Cornwall. Our students work hard in a calm environment. We are passionate about education and about helping our young people to give them the best opportunities. Our most able students will be stretched and all our young people are offered support when it is needed.
TRMAT Development plan for 2019/2020 Academic Year
- To enable sustainable and purposeful growth through high level due diligence and engagement from ELT and Trustees. The ELT and Trustees to use the RSC’s MAT Growth Tool.
- Writing for academic purposes. Implement the effective teaching of literacy across the curriculum, so that students are empowered with the vocabulary, expressions and organisational control to meet the demands of a range of academic subjects.
- Ensure provision for MABLE students enables them to achieve greater depth and grade 9.
- To develop partnerships further with parents/carers through a highly visible programme of shared learning and engagement in events (Family Learning).
- To accurately identify the gaps by establishing consistent and rigorous assessment and reporting procedures and narrow them through the effective leadership of whole school strategies. To continue to enhance and develop specialist curriculum delivery and provision. To further establish professional relationships and standards across the MAT.
- School-led improvement via bespoke CPD, joint CPD. Establishing strong school-to-school improvement by well-planned and focussed MIP and SIP/EA visits.
- Achieve efficient and effective use of MAT staffing and resources. To establish strong lines of communication between the Central Services Team and headteachers/ administration in each school.